TXPOST is excited to announce that Texas Education Agency Commissioner Michael Williams has appointed the following individuals to the Expanded Learning Opportunities Council:
- Lizzette Gonzalez Reynolds, Chief Deputy Commissioner, TEA
- Aimee Clapp, Teacher, North Loop Elementary, Ysleta ISD
- Terry Conner, Managing Partner, Haynes & Boone LLC
- Dr. Jodi Duron, Superintendent, Elgin ISD
- Leila Membreno Hernandez, Associate Professor, UT Pan American
- Kurt Hulett, Principal, Liberty Middle School, Killeen ISD
- Mynder Kelly, Teacher, Sulphur Springs High School, Sulphur Springs ISD
- Mark Kiester, CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Austin
- Dr. Bob Sanborn, President & CEO, Children at Risk
- Terese Stevenson, Senior Program Officer, Rees-Jones Foundation
- Angel Toscano, Manager of Afterschool Programs, Active Life
- Donna Wasielewski, Community Programs Coordinator, Wiiliamson County Juvenile Justice
- Susan Baskin, Director, Camp Champions
This distinguished group will begin meeting soon to prepare policy recommendations and a report to the Texas Governor and Texas Legislature by November 1, 2014.
Congratulations to the Expanded Learning Opportunities Council!