To strengthen the quality of afterschool and summer programs throughout the state of Texas.
All Texas kids have the opportunity to participate in high-quality afterschool, summer and expanded learning programs.
The Texas Partnership for Out of School Time (TXPOST) aims to serve its mission and achieve its vision in 2016-2017 by:
- Influencing policies that support high-quality afterschool and summer programs;
- Raising awareness of the role of after school and summer programming in Texas;
- Increasing connectivity and capacity of expanded learning system(s) and regional networks through coordinating initiatives; and
- Leading projects that improve the quality of afterschool and summer programs.
Texas Afterschool and Summer Facts:
- 220,925 Texas K-12 students participated in the Texas ACE 21st Century Community Learning Centers afterschool programs in 2011-2012.
- There are 407 Boys & Girls Clubs in 93 rural and urban Texas counties serving more than 346,000 youth club members annually.
- The Texas 4-H and Youth Development Program served 619,877 youth in 2011-2012.
- Texas YMCAs have 605,601 members ages zero to 17.