THE TEXAS PARTNERSHIP FOR OUT OF SCHOOL TIME
TXPOST is a statewide network of nonprofit, public and private sector partners dedicated to increasing the quality and availability of out of school time (OST) opportunities for Texas youth. We believe every child deserves programs rich with creativity and opportunities for enrichment.
Learn more about the mission & vision of the Texas Partnership for Out of School Time.
Meet the Team
This important work doesn’t do itself! Get to know the people who drive the mission forward.
Meet the incredible organizations creating excellence in out-of-school time learning experiences.
To serve our mission, we’re leading statewide efforts to:
- Develop a structure to support statewide, regional and local partnerships.
- Support the development and implementation of statewide policies that will secure the necessary resources to sustain new and existing after school and summer programs.
- Support statewide systems aimed at ensuring that all after school and summer programs are the highest quality.
We have 3 mission-critical activities:
- Engage current partners and building relationships with new partners to support the work of local communities, Regional OST Networks, and statewide organizations serving Texas children and youth in the hours outside of school.
- Activate a growing network of advocates from across the state to educate Texas legislators about the impact of high-quality OST programs and promote the passage of legislation calling for the establishment of a statewide Expanded Learning Opportunities Council.
- Coordinate the launch and activities of a statewide Work Group to develop voluntary OST progarm quality standards for Texas using local, statewide, and national resources.
We were founded in 2010 by a collaboration of public and private organizations. The Texas Partnership for Out of School Time is the 40th statewide network funded by the C.S. Mott Foundation to pursue the development of statewide OST systems that will serve youth, families, and communities across the state. In just two years, TXPOST has become the statewide OST advocacy and policy leader thanks to the contributions of statewide experts and advocates, and to the support of the Mott Foundation’s nation-wide network of state advocates.